Sunforest has been a managing general agent for trucking insurance since 1988. Sunforest brings you over 85 years collective experience in the trucking insurance industry. In addition, Sunforest :
- Takes pride in having the expertise as a niche market.
- Understands the trucking industry and it's exposure
- Provides you with the service and the dedication you and your customers deserve.
Our expertise and longstanding partnerships with our insurance markets make it easy for Sunforest to accommodate the small transportation business owner as well as large fleet risks.
Sunforest is a one-stop shop for your transportation risks. We can provide many of the coverages necessary to keep your customers' business operating.
- Auto Liability
- Auto Physical Damage
- Motor Truck Cargo
- Non-Trucking Liability
- General Liability
- Hired/Non-Owned Liability
- Trailer Interchange
- Scheduled, gross receipts, or mileage based on policies.
- Occupational Accident
We are seeking high quality trucking accounts with good loss experience and low accident frequency. Drivers should be experienced with good Motor Vehicle Reports and must haul non-hazardous commodities.
We write accounts up to 100 power units. We will entertain larger accounts on a case by case basis.
Radius of Operations
We can consider trucking accounts operating on a local, intermediate or unlimited long haul basis. Most of the accounts we write operate on a unlimited radius basis.
We prefer drivers with at least 3 years experience and good Motor Vehicle Reports. We will consider drivers with fewer than 5 years experience with very good MVRs. Some of our markets will entertain drivers with driver training school experience.
Commodities and Operations
We can give consideration to most non-hazardous commodities/operations. Here are some general guidelines:
Acceptable Commodities Including But Not Limited To:
- Any hazardous commodity requiring $5,000,000 limits
- General Dry Freight
- General Flat Bed Commodities — Lumber, Building Materials
- Agricultural Commodities — Grain, Produce, etc.
- General Refrigerated Commodities
- Steel haulers — Pipe, Rebar, Coils, etc.
- Container Haulers
- Auto Parts
- Auto Haulers (Subject to Auto Questionnaire)
- Dump Operations over 11 units
- Livestock Haulers
- Oversize/Overweight Heavy Machinery