Sunforest, as a Managing General Agent, can request filings to keep your truckers compliant
This trucking liability insurance coverage provides protection against your legal liability for injury and/or property damage caused by your negligence, your employees or contract drivers in the use of your insured vehicles. Owner Operators and Motor Carriers that operate under their own authority are usually required by law to carry primary liability coverage on all owned power units and leased vehicles.
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage (BI): If you, your employees or contract drivers are responsible for causing an accident, Bodily Injury Liability coverage pays for injuries/death to people involved in the accident. BI Coverage also pays for legal defense if you are sued.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Coverage: This is the basic coverage that is implemented in no-fault insurance states. PIP is the coverage in which the insurance company pays, within specified limits, the medical, hospital and funeral expenses of the injured person, people in the insured vehicle and pedestrians struck by the insured vehicle. Depending on the state, PIP might also cover additional expenses like lost wages.
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: If the insured person is legally liable for an accident, this coverage pays for damage to other people’s property resulting from the accident. If the Insured is sued, Property Damage Liability coverage also pays for legal defense costs.
Auto Liability Trucker Liability Compliance
Federal Filing 91X is required by the Federal Transportation Safety Administration and includes the following:
Typically, we write non-fleet Auto Liability on a schedule basis. For fleets, we write auto liability on mileage, revenue, or unit reporter.
Auto Liability Exclusions to be aware of:
- Care Custody Control
- Movement of property by Mechanical Device
- Handling of Property
- Expected or Intended Injury
- Worker's Comp
- Employees Indemnification & Employer's Liability
- Fellow Employees